Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Mythic Yoga: Poetry by Sydney Solis published in The Caribbean Writer Anthology 2015 Vol 29

St. Croix collage photograph by Sydney Solis DeLand, Florida
Yellow House, Frederiksted, St. Croix, USVI 2013
 photo collage by Sydney Solis
Mythic Yoga is about expressing our stories. These stories that our bodies, breath, voices, dreams live through us. I find voice to my self and the drama I take up participating in duality of life. Looking back on my life I see it has been one long mythic journey with testimony via via the arts: poetry, short stories, memoirs, photographs, collages. All an offering to life's journey to encounter the mask of my self, live a mythic life in an effort to transcend death.

And the body is part of it as well, the self-inquiry into the body, the emotions felt, the dance expressed while writing with the hands and breath. That's what Mythic Yoga has always been about. How amazing is this life in this body!

So I am very pleased to announce the publication of two of my poems in the 2015 vol 29 anthology of The Caribbean Writer. Little Piece of Paradise and Fisherman, St. Croix were based on my experiences living in St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands 2011-2013.

The Caribbean is alive with incredible culture and storytellers. I enjoy mentoring a young poet on St. Croix, as I am involved in an ecclectic performance poetry scene here in the Central Florida and Daytona Beach area. Join me for my reading of the two poems during my next performance at the Dan Pels Poetry Show at Wine Me in Daytona Beach.

Also on display at Studio Solis in DeLand, Florida, photographs and photo/paper collage of the Caribbean by Sydney Solis.

No comments:

Post a Comment