|A mythic image has one foot in reality and one|
foot in eternity, says
Mythologist Joseph Campbell.
Working with myths and the body stops the rational, intellectual mind and kicks in the lost connection we have to the other parts of our psyches, such as the intuitive and feeling sides. Just as in the Grail Myth the King was wounded in the thigh, the feeling function, we must restore this connection to ourselves to provide wholeness not only for ourselves, but the entire world. Because the work we do in the silent depths of our meditation, yoga asana and Mythic Yoga practice is unfathonable in influence. For it is the depths were we meet all in undifferentiated consciousness.
Mythic Yoga classes start again this fall Mondays 8 pm EST. Started in 2006, The Storytime Yoga and Mythic Yoga online classes were the first yoga classes offered online. I took my mythic journey with my kids and lived my myth, and now I am back for the mythic return to share the gifts I have acquired from my journey.
|Mythic Yoga is deep work that goes beyond yoga asana|
and connects to your dreams, personal myth, imagery, and art
From the Personal Mythology Series of photo and mixed-media
collage by Sydney Solis
"Life is pain; life is suffering; and life is horror -- but by god, you are alive," Campbell says.
Dreams, stories, myths and putting our bodies and selves into the center of the universe and aligning it with the cosmos takes us on a journey into the ineffable and toward liberation. It's raja yoga, direct.
The physical asanas are only one step, but the psycho-social and spiritual aspects of Mythic Yoga are just being known as the images from our personal mythology arise and point us into the direction of liberation and ecstatic union with the divine.
|Listen deeply to the body and discover |
your personal mythology! It won't be from the head!
• Four weeks of original Mythic Yoga online course work, group interaction in a forum to post your questions and comments, dream work, guided home work and exercises, plus a live class every week for feedback and coaching that will be recorded if you can't make it.
• I will be sharing my personal mythic journey, how I started Mythic Yoga and Storytime Yoga for Kids in Boulder, Colorado in 2003, went on a personal mythic journey in 2010 abroad with my kids after my husband's death, and losing everything three more times after that...... Loss is continual.... but what is it that lasts within? It's the Little Piece of Paradise I say. It's always with you. Use personal mythology and yoga to find it! You don't survive, you thrive, prevail, triumph!
• Contact us today to register! Price is $250 and SAVE $50 if you register by May 15!
• Includes all coursework, online platforms as well as the e-book Mythic Yoga: Ancient Hindu Myth and Personal Myth by Sydney Solis and her childhood memoir of war Outside the Concentration Camp, all to get you inspired to share your story of healing with yoga and story.
• All you need is high-speed internet access and a webcam!
• Check out all the fun Mythic Yoga The Story in the Body participants had on our 5-day Retreats held in Boulder, Colorado 2008-2010.
The original Mythic Yoga! Live your myth, don't just talk about it! Find the courage to go deep within. OM SHANTI
|Align with your Divine. Follow your dream images and they|
will awaken you in all of your life and mythology.
The Inner Reaches of Outer Space: Metaphor as Myth and as Religion (The Collected Works of Joseph Campbell) by Joseph Campbell
The Heroine's Journey by Maureen Murdock (I met her at the Mythic Journey's Conference in Atlanta in 2004)
The Heroine's Journey Workbook by Maureen Murdock